Thursday, April 17, 2008

Blog life, anyone?



Why does everyone seems to be so hook-up with this all new craze? The blog and the blog life. Do you get anything from reading other people's blog? Or do you even read the blog of others? I guess, not. Most people that I've known, who had a blog of themselves, don't seem to be interested at all at reading others blog. Why is it so?


I'm not aware if someone had already read about what I've been posting here for a past few days, and I'm starting to doubt if someone will ever read my entries here. I know that I shouldn't lose hope. I know that I should just keep on posting until someone stumbles on my blog; and until someone finds this interesting. I don't know. I don't really know if it will ever happen.


But still the same, I'll keep on posting. Besides, it doesn't truly matter if someone will be able to read my blog since I believe that blog is somewhat like an online diary. And it sometimes kept me wondering why people who uses blog were so bothered in promoting their own blog, making it such a big deal. So what? So what if people doesn't ever read your blog? So what if people aren't interested in what you write? Does it matter? Yes, of course it did. To all of us bloggers, it did matter. But does it mean you'll have to stop writing? Blogging? Does it mean that you're such a loser just because no one ever took notice of your blog and your life in it? Does blog, for us bloggers, is all about self-disclosure to people we doesn't even know? Is this the meaning of blog for you? Self-disclosure? Hell, never stoop down on that level.


I believe that blog is not just about telling other people about your life. It's more than that. It's about sharing your life and your knowledge about your life, or anything under the sun, to help other people grasp the true reality of life.


So, if one day you think of giving up just because no one is ever reading your blog, just think that life is not all about you. Life is about others, too. The world doesn't revolves around you. In the same manner that the world doesn't revolve around me, too. People, sometimes, are so busy with their own lives, with their own blog life that they took for granted other blogger's life too.


When was the last time you find yourself reading other's blog? Do you even write a short comment? I hope you did. Coz we both know how it all means.


--Thursday: April 17, 2008; 4:05pm--

No comments: